Inmate Holiday Card Swap
Background of the Strong Prison Wives & Families Holiday Card Swap
"Since I woke up this morning, I’d been trying to come up with a holiday “Random Acts of Kindness” challenge for SPW[F]. Its the time of year for giving and remembering those who are less fortunate. A few hours later, I received this message from a sweet, generous and incredibly smart SPW[F].
How our SPWF Card Swap Works
We all know how special it is for an inmate to hear his name at mail call -- especially during a holiday or special occasion. Together, we can ensure our incarcerated loved ones know they are not forgotten by showering them with an array of cards from around the world.
Its this simple: you enter your inmate’s name and information and you’ll get 3 inmates names (or more if you chose) for you to send cards to in return. The more people that enter, the more cards your inmate will receive. You can enter as many inmate names as you’d like. You’ll get three names in return for each inmate you enter.
How To Participate In The Holiday Card Swap
- Let your inmate know that he’ll be receiving mail from your SPWF sisters. Explain that you belong to a support group for families and loved ones of the incarcerated known as Strong Prison Wives & Families, that we are running a Holiday Card Swap and you added his name to the list. Don’t leave him in the dark and confused about where all this mail is coming from. Lets be transparent.
- Be respectful of your relationship and other relationships. If you do not want other people sending mail to your significant other; or if he doesn’t want you sending a simple card to another inmate DO NOT enter him in the swap.
- Alternative: If you’d like to only write FEMALE inmates and don’t want to add your inmates name to the swap, please include that in the form below and we will accommodate your request.
- DO NOT send any photos of yourself. Be mature, keep this tasteful and keep it classy. Please sign the card from your first name. This way we are maintaining a level of respect for each SPW’s relationship. If we are informed that any member crosses any lines, you will be banned from SPWF permanently!
- Do not send musical cards, electronic cards, gifts, money or anything of that sort. They are not accepted in the prison facilities. Please mind the facility’s rules & regulations in the info that you are sent. We want to make sure the inmates receive each card they are sent. That's the whole point of this. ;-)
- We are working on the honor system. ONLY enter the card swap if you are serious about sending cards to the 3 inmates you get in the swap.
- RETURN ADDRESS: Use SPWF’s PO box as your return address: Your name, PO Box 85, Gillette, NJ 07933. DO NOT use personal addresses.
- Please send cards by Saturday, December 19th to ensure they are received on time.
- QUESTIONS/CONCERNS - The SPW Holiday Card Swap is run by SPWF volunteers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.